August 2, 2010
Welcome Back Parents and Students:
I trust that you have had a restful summer. The Chicago weather has actually cooperated and been quite beautiful. So take advantage of it while it’s here.
I am so excited about this school year. There are more fantastic programs in place including before and after school activities. It is our goal to continue to provide your children with the best education possible. The entire Sherwood Staff is looking forward to a great school year. Below are several reminders that will assist you in planning for a great start.
• School starts at 9:00 a.m..Students are expected to arrive on time each and every day.
• Students are to line up outside on the designated area on the South side of the building.
• Students are expected to wear uniforms every day: PreK-5th wear white tops and navy bottoms. 6th-8th graders wear black tops and khaki bottoms.
• Jeans are not permitted at Sherwood School.
• Boys are not permitted to wear earrings in the building.
• Hooded sweatshirts are not allowed to be worn in the building during school hours.
• Hats and scarves are not allowed to be worn in the building during school hours.
• Students caught with any electrical devices (cell phones, Ipods, PSPs, Game Boys, etc.)in their possession are in direct violation of CPS Code that you may find in the Student Code book and are subject to suspension . Students are allowed to use the main office phone whenever necessary.
We anticipate all students to be present and on time for the first day of school Tuesday September 7, 2010. We expect them to enthusiastic and eager to learn as they transition into another successful school year. Let’s work together to make this the best school year ever. Parents, I thank you in advance for your continued support and look forward to your alliance this school year.