Sunday, October 11, 2009

Message From Representative Robert Steele

October 1, 2009



Dear Friends,

My thoughts and prayers go out to Derrion Albert's family, the mild-mannered CPS student who was brutally attacked last week outside of a community center. And, I hope the attached information will INSPIRE CPS students whose lives have become paralyzed by fear. I also my hope that you will remind the students in Cook County's 2nd District that we love them, that we remain undaunted and will continue to WORK TOGETHER to help them realize their dreams.

The attached information outlines a free program that is offered on Saturdays, to help CPS students in 6th -12th grade who are looking for opportunities. The program begins Saturday October 17th and it provides a stipend to students in the 11th and 12th grades, along with ACT test prep.

Also, please remind these students that they can find an extensive list of scholarships and summer programs in the Skinny College Resource Guide, which we developed this summer and posted on my website at: http://www.robertsteele.org/resources_additional.php.

It is truly my privilege to serve this community, and I hope that you will let me know if your organization finds this type of information to be useful.


Sincerely,


Robert Steele, Commissioner
Cook County - 2nd District

Attachment

No comments:

Post a Comment